Sanofi Pasteur U.S. has developed a process to facilitate application for fellowship funding. Only one fellow per specialty program, with a maximum of 3 at any institution at any given time can be funded.
At the present time, the grant request format is not specifically designed to accommodate the specific criteria required for review of fellowship requests. Please complete the existing grant application ensuring the following information is included:
- Name of Institution
- Name of Department in which fellow will be affiliated
- Names of the following individuals:
- Department Chairperson
- All faculty and fellows in the
- Fellowship Program Director
- A brief description of the institutional experience in
pre-clinical and/or clinical research
- Description of the fellowship training program and how
funds will be utilized to facilitate training of the recipient(s) in the basic skills and specialized research methods needed to become an independent investigator and expert clinician in a particular disease area
- Explanation of how the fellow will be mentored in
research and what percent of
time is allocated to research
- Any data on the track record of the fellowship program
in producing fellows who present and/or publish, or go on to careers involving research or leadership roles.
- Description of how the fellowship program will be
evaluated and any prior information.
- Disclosure of past or present financial relationship
with Sanofi Pasteur by any member of the staff in past 2 years
(e.g. speaker, fellowship support, trials etc.)
- Itemized budget - not to exceed $75K per year with a maximum of 2 years.
The total may include direct costs and indirect costs/fringe benefits (which must be reasonable and
consistent with the academic medical institution's current practice). Indirect costs/fringe benefits may not support
non-educational or overhead costs such as housing, research costs, computers, equipment, books, journals, etc. and may not
exceed 30% of the salary funding. Funding generally does not exceed two consecutive years.
Be sure to carefully review the
and Preparing a Funding Request
sections on the website home page to facilitate entering your request and to ensure that you are aware of important information.